Some house guests we are very happy to see, while others can make us break out in hives. One guest we must never invite into any home or business is MOLD. Seeing those spots on the wall is a nightmare for any home and business owner, because mold is usually accompanied by an array of other problems.
As a solid rule of thumb, if mold is present anywhere in a home or business, there is usually unnecessary moisture within the building.
This moisture can originate from nine different sources:
- Humidity. Plain and simple, moisture and warmth create mold.
- Leaky Pipes. This is an easily fixed problem that can cause mold in a building or home.
- Leaks in the Roof. This is a primary cause of mold in residential homes.
- Condensation. Cold surfaces can cause condensation to occur, like concrete floors and refrigerators.
- Poor Ventilation. If this is a problem, even boiling water on the stove can lead to mold.
- Wet Clothes. Hanging clothes up to dry can put excessive moisture into the inside air.
- Flood Damage. After the flood is long gone, the damage may not be eliminated right away.
- Damp Basements. Basements often lack the necessary and adequate ventilation.
- Water at the Building Foundation. If the landscape around a home or building is not designed properly, it can cause water to sit stagnant around the foundation.
If any one of these issues is currently affecting a building, mold could be well on the way to moving in. And once mold enters a building, spores exist which greatly lower the air quality within that space. Mold spores can be the cause of any number of illnesses, mostly respiratory in nature. Many people are allergic to mold, and can have intense reactions to spores in the air.
Before mold begins growing in a building, the likelihood of mold occurring can be measured by a mold inspection. AdvantaClean Environmental of Cary/Apex knows just where to look when searching for mold spores indoors. Once spores are located, a culture can be taken and tested to figure out how much mold is potentially forming, stopping the problem before it starts!
When a home or building becomes infected by a mold colony, time is of the essence when it comes to remediation of the issue. Getting the problem solved quickly and efficiently is crucial to the health of everyone who frequents the building where mold occurs, and no team is more professional than AdvantaClean Environmental of Cary/ Apex!
If mold is a threat in your home or business, waste no time in calling AdvantaClean today to get a thorough inspection. Stop mold at the door with a professional inspection, or make a clean break with a remediation today!
If you enjoyed this article about cleaner breathing and healthier living, be sure to take a look at this AdvantaCleanEnvironmental Cary/ Apex blog for much more information on home restoration, air quality and ventilation maintenance!
Also, find us here:
Photo: moomsabuy, freedigitalphotos.net